Visit NC 365 Conference CANCELED
Visit NC 365 Conference CANCELED due to Governor and NCDHHS's recommendation regarding COVID-19
The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services and the Governor have recommended that public gatherings or events of more than 100 people be canceled or rescheduled. As such, the Visit NC 365 Conference in Asheville, which had been scheduled for March 22-24, has been canceled. As an alternative, the major elements of the conference will be provided to partners online during the same timeframe as the conference.
Through April we are hosting a series of webinar programs that provide updates on the status of the industry, share timely consumer research insights, highlight crisis response efforts and recovery plans, share best practices in PR and social media, and introduce our co-op marketing program.
Watch: The Road to Recovery
Originally streamed: Wednesday, May 20, 2020
Visit NC provides an update on the current travel mindset, the new Count On Me NC program and the state's upcoming tourism recovery marketing campaign. Research is currently underway as well as creative exploration and media planning that aligns with evolving traveler sentiment, behaviors and trends. Visit NC is taking a three-pronged approach to determine how we will reenter the market based on:
- When it's allowed
- When it's safe
- When consumers are receptive to our message
The strategy includes conducting resident sentiment surveys, leveraging media and channels where travelers are engaged and poised to travel, and identifying opportunities where partners can engage. Visit NC also provides an update on the ongoing progression of Cook It Forward NC.
Wit Tuttell, Visit NC
Marlise Taylor, Visit NC
Allison Schult, Visit NC
For those of you that were registered for the conference, here are the details on cancellation.
- Everyone will receive a 100% refund for registration. It will be processed automatically, so you don't have to do anything or call anyone.
- If you have already cancelled and were charged $50 for registration processing, that will also be refunded to you. No need to call or email.
- Refunds will be credited to the original form of payment within 2-3 weeks.
- Please remember to cancel your hotel rooms. We do not process any of those cancellations. You need to call someone on those. Call 800-438-5800 to release your room at the Omni Grove Park Inn and to ensure refunds of your deposit. Or you could go ahead and spend some time at the Omni Grove Park Inn anyway.
We’re looking forward to seeing you at next year’s conference March 21–23, 2021, in Hickory.